What are domains & why do I need one?
A domain name is your friendly identifier on the web i.e. silverinnovation.co.uk. A domain is at the heart of your internet presence and your website and email are services that work on top of your domain name.
Why should I register my domains through Silver Innovation?
- Legal owner – We always register domains in your name so you are the legal owner. We just manage the domain for you
- Managed – As well as renewing domains, they also require DNS records to be created & maintained to power different services on the web. We look after that for you
- Peace of mind – Dealing with just one provider/company for your services takes the headache out of managing this part of your IT
- No tie-in – Unlike some providers, we’re only looking after your domain and keeping it running. If you want to transfer it elsewhere, that’s no problem and no additional charge
What does a domain cost?
- Just £25 per annum (payable 1 year in advance)
- It’s also cheaper if you want to register your domain for longer than 1 year. Speak to us for details on what suits you or your business
- WHOIS privacy is available if you want to keep your contact details hidden. For complete privacy add an extra £10 per annum
Frequently asked questions about domains
- Can you check if a domain is available to register?
Yes, you can check yourself at http://www.silverinnovation.co.uk/domain-whois. If it is not available, we can help you and recommend alternatives
- What do I need to have you register my domain name?
We need your full name, company name (if applicable), address, telephone and email address…….and of course the domain name you wish to register
- How quickly can you register my domain and get it live?
If you give us your requirements - within minutes, seriously!
- I have an existing domain name, can I transfer it to you?
Yes definitely, the procedure is slightly different for .uk domains to other domains like .com, .net etc. Speak to us and we will give you instructions or sort it for you if you give us access to your current system
- Can I keep my domain with my current provider?
Honestly, we advise that you don’t. Providers like 1&1 Internet, GoDaddy are difficult and confusing to work with. They are not UK-based and their support can be painful. There’s nothing worse than losing control over your domain name – sometimes it’s impossible to get it back!